Pinned SA:MP Forum and Wiki offline

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • SA:MP Forum and Wiki offline

      On the 25th of September 2020, the certificate for both forum.sa-mp.com and wiki.sa-mp.com expired. Many users noticed this and brought the issue up on the Discord.

      Though the site was still accessible by bypassing the security of HTTPS, it was obvious that something bigger was amiss.
      The next day, users found both sites to be completely offline with database errors displayed in the browser.



      Now, this error is fairly common, it usually indicates a database backup. But given the SSL certificate incident, it seemed indicative of something else.
      Later that day, the sites both went completely offline, not even responding with an error page.




      What does this mean?

      There's a lot of speculation in the SA-MP community but no official word of what's happened. As we've learned in the past, however, it's best to assume the worst.
      The Forum and the Wiki are probably not coming back. It would be great to be wrong about that.


      Alternatives

      For now, the wiki content is still accessible using the Archive.org copies.
      This is obviously not a great long-term solution. These pages take a long time to load and it stresses the Archive.org's service (which is already underfunded and a very important part of internet history).


      Read it also here: open.mp/missing-sites


      Kalcor left SA:MP and took down the Forum + Wiki, Internet Tab Masterlist is replaced since almost two Years with the Hosted Tab Masterlist which means we have to pay to be on the Masterlist again.
      There will be no new SA:MP Updates in the future, dont worry there is a new upcoming Multiplayer called Open.MP which will be "fully backwards compatible with the existing multiplayer mod San Andreas Multiplayer"

      Checkout open.mp/

      Our Server should be working with the new upcoming Multiplayer and we will be there again dont worry!
      Main Server will stay Online and we are working again to make new Updates, stay tuned! WE ARE BACK!

      -Pun1sh3r

      Post by Kanister ().

      This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
    • Honestly, Development was stale for a while, then 0.3.8 (0.3DL) beta hit and it seemed that everything was fine, until Kalcor decided to cancel it, neither fix the issues nor merging it to the main SA:MP branch. After that the whole ban debacle happend and everyone was complaining that there weren't any updates and things were moving too slow.
      Forget the past you can't change it.
      Forget the future you can't predict it.
    • $PeeDz wrote:

      Honestly, Development was stale for a while, then 0.3.8 (0.3DL) beta hit and it seemed that everything was fine, until Kalcor decided to cancel it, neither fix the issues nor merging it to the main SA:MP branch. After that the whole ban debacle happend and everyone was complaining that there weren't any updates and things were moving too slow.
      That's why former SAMP scripters and developers decided to start the open.mp/ project. They saw that Kalcor doesn't even have an intention to continue with the game anymore, but it's kinda understandable. He's been developing and updating his game for the last 13-14 years. I know that he shouldn't have done that shit to make the game go downhill eventually, but people always make mistakes and shit. Now we're waiting for Open.MP to be finished and launched, so the server's data, host, scripts and so on can be revamped and transfered to the OpenMP system. People speculate that the Hosted Tab would probably last for 1-2 more years and SAMP would shut down completely and for good unless the samp developers do something about it, but since they didn't fix the forum and wiki for more than a month, I think that it's gonna be eventually over. We're waiting to see what happens.
    • drxptek wrote:

      $PeeDz wrote:

      Honestly, Development was stale for a while, then 0.3.8 (0.3DL) beta hit and it seemed that everything was fine, until Kalcor decided to cancel it, neither fix the issues nor merging it to the main SA:MP branch. After that the whole ban debacle happend and everyone was complaining that there weren't any updates and things were moving too slow.
      That's why former SAMP scripters and developers decided to start the open.mp/ project. They saw that Kalcor doesn't even have an intention to continue with the game anymore, but it's kinda understandable. He's been developing and updating his game for the last 13-14 years. I know that he shouldn't have done that shit to make the game go downhill eventually, but people always make mistakes and shit. Now we're waiting for Open.MP to be finished and launched, so the server's data, host, scripts and so on can be revamped and transfered to the OpenMP system. People speculate that the Hosted Tab would probably last for 1-2 more years and SAMP would shut down completely and for good unless the samp developers do something about it, but since they didn't fix the forum and wiki for more than a month, I think that it's gonna be eventually over. We're waiting to see what happens.
      Sad but true, Wiki and Forum is Offline and completly removed which also means over 14 Years of work with Scripts/Plugins/Includes and snipped codes are gone.
    • ρυηιѕнєя wrote:

      drxptek wrote:

      $PeeDz wrote:

      Honestly, Development was stale for a while, then 0.3.8 (0.3DL) beta hit and it seemed that everything was fine, until Kalcor decided to cancel it, neither fix the issues nor merging it to the main SA:MP branch. After that the whole ban debacle happend and everyone was complaining that there weren't any updates and things were moving too slow.
      That's why former SAMP scripters and developers decided to start the open.mp/ project. They saw that Kalcor doesn't even have an intention to continue with the game anymore, but it's kinda understandable. He's been developing and updating his game for the last 13-14 years. I know that he shouldn't have done that shit to make the game go downhill eventually, but people always make mistakes and shit. Now we're waiting for Open.MP to be finished and launched, so the server's data, host, scripts and so on can be revamped and transfered to the OpenMP system. People speculate that the Hosted Tab would probably last for 1-2 more years and SAMP would shut down completely and for good unless the samp developers do something about it, but since they didn't fix the forum and wiki for more than a month, I think that it's gonna be eventually over. We're waiting to see what happens.
      Sad but true, Wiki and Forum is Offline and completly removed which also means over 14 Years of work with Scripts/Plugins/Includes and snipped codes are gone.
      Well we had a fun time here, didn't we? All though SAMP is completely downhill now, it will always remain the most nostalgic and best game, even if the creator is a jack shithead. Let's see how the future heads up.